Re: London CX summer series

Post by Chris Clague » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:57 pm

Am about to get some of those tyres myself, to run tubeless

John Jardine
summary email: yes

Post by John Jardine » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Remember you want the TNT version.
Used them last year they were fine no punctures\burps, I was slow though...
IMG_20150731_214642.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris Clague
summary email: no

Post by Chris Clague » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:18 pm

Oh they're not for racing, but for training/everything else. I've built up one set of tubulars so far and another on the way. Thus proving Astrid 100% correct

andrewnewman
Mobile phone: 07890217215

Post by andrewnewman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:09 am

Pity they don't come in silver/grey anymore, though. Those were my first cross tyres, and they were very cool. (Not as cool as the iconic green Michelin Mud, but one can only dream.)

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:26 pm

If you were having a *proper* mid life crisis I'm sure you could find a factory somewhere to produce a run of those.

WillBeresford

Post by WillBeresford » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:01 am

Lucinda , James and myself rode round 2 on Thursday, out near Croydon at Addlestone Park.

Having raced on Tuesday and Wednesday and done a 65 mile sportive Thursday morning the prospect of riding 25 miles to Kent wasn't great, that said, it was a nice evening so you m ow, why not...

Got there just in time to sign on and PIN numbers on, suprises at the numbers of riders! 75 seniors had signed on from week 1 and 2, I'd say there was at least 50 in today's race, great... The vets race was just as big again I'd say, with the women's race around 15 strong.

No time for a warm up or practice lap, but it looked a fairly simple course. First lap and the pace was hot, as always really, but my legs didn't feel happy. That said after the first lap I settled into a rhythem and made my way up the riders, passing quite a few. It was a 9 lap course, so with 6 to go I could see the front of the race, around 5 riders strong, I could then see a smaller second group of 2, then me in a group of 4. A good, but consistent pace meant I was reeling the 2nd group in and with 2 laps to go I was on their wheels. Followed/conserved energy and at 1 lap to go towards the end got past them both! Only to get blocked/pushed on the sprint. I had to settle for 8th, which to be honest, I was pretty pleased with given what I'd done this week.

Lucinda did great, her first cross race, rode very strong and finished in the top 10 easily.

James, not sure where you finished but you looked very strong!

My first cross race in the dry and what fun! Only 2 more rounds left, but I'll be going to them all.

Damian Robertson
Mobile phone: 07788123969

Post by Damian Robertson » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Next ones at Hernia hill I believe? What time?

Damian Robertson
Mobile phone: 07788123969

Post by Damian Robertson » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Ok I see its morden park 7pm. Hh next week.

WillBeresford

Post by WillBeresford » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 am

Yeah Morden on Thursday. Lucinda and I will both be doing that.

WillBeresford

Post by WillBeresford » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Last night's race was quick! Averaged 16.2mph.

Another large field, around 45/50 riders in the Senior race. This week I made a point of starting off near the front, which seemed to pay off. First lap i was top 20, and as the laps ticked over (7 in total) I began to reel riders in. 4 Laps to go and I was in a group of 3, we were given the prime on this lap, I was leading out and then got passed on the final section towards the line, no biggie, but as the pace increased we caught another group of 4 up the road (now 6) my fellow prime sprinter though seemed to have expelled too much energy in the sprint for the prime, because after this lap he was out the back door, along with another rider. Back to 4 and with 2 laps to go I made the pass, on the front for the whole lap, and when the bell went they attacked, I stayed with them for the lap, but had nothing in the legs for the sprint so rolled in at the back of this group. There was maybe 6/7 riders up the road so I reckon 12th.

Another positive result, even more so because I beat the 3 guys (2 Imperial Racing team riders) who were in my group last week (and by some distance)

Lucinda raced again and placed top 10 in the women's race. Solid stuff in another big field.

Next week is Herne Hill and last of the summer season. Woudl be godo to get a few more LPers here. We're going for Burgers and Beer after if people fancy that? 8)

WillBeresford

Post by WillBeresford » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Last night's race was quick! Averaged 16.2mph.

Another large field, around 45/50 riders in the Senior race. This week I made a point of starting off near the front, which seemed to pay off. First lap i was top 20, and as the laps ticked over (7 in total) I began to reel riders in. 4 Laps to go and I was in a group of 3, we were given the prime on this lap, I was leading out and then got passed on the final section towards the line, no biggie, but as the pace increased we caught another group of 4 up the road (now 6) my fellow prime sprinter though seemed to have expelled too much energy in the sprint for the prime, because after this lap he was out the back door, along with another rider. Back to 4 and with 2 laps to go I made the pass, on the front for the whole lap, and when the bell went they attacked, I stayed with them for the lap, but had nothing in the legs for the sprint so rolled in at the back of this group. There was maybe 6/7 riders up the road so I reckon 12th.

Another positive result, even more so because I beat the 3 guys (2 Imperial Racing team riders) who were in my group last week (and by some distance)

Lucinda raced again and placed top 10 in the women's race. Solid stuff in another big field.

Next week is Herne Hill and last of the summer season. Woudl be godo to get a few more LPers here. We're going for Burgers and Beer after if people fancy that? 8)

danielwolman
Club secretary

Post by danielwolman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:46 pm

As someone whos never ridden CX other than socially would it be a good starter?

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Perfect introduction, Dan

danielwolman
Club secretary

Post by danielwolman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Maybe I will come down next week then!

Anyone want to lend me some suitable clincher tyres?

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Don't start...