Veldrijden corner

A place to discuss all things CX
StevenDrew
Mobile phone: 07809296084
summary email: no

Re: Veldrijden corner

Post by StevenDrew » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Stuart wrote:Or watch it on the UCI YouTube channel in English. Also with the womens race, featuring one M Vos.
It's not the same in English. You won't feel the crushing blow when Pauwels drops his chain or the hysteria when Sven DNFs ;-)

...but yes, the Belgies really do need to pay more attention to the women's racing. Maybe they'd have shown it if Sanne Cant won but Sporza have nothing.

Stuart
summary email: yes

Post by Stuart » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 pm

SHUT UP - I HAVENT WATCHED THE MENS RACE YET

Richard
Mobile phone: 07985101121

Post by Richard » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

According to Cyclephotos, it a good one.
‘никогда не провалил испытание лекарства’

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Stuart wrote:SHUT UP - I HAVENT WATCHED THE MENS RACE YET
Are you watching in slow motion? According to Facebook, you sat down to watch it three hours ago :wink:

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Ah, we had to pause it a few times. To make dinner. And then for me to file my Eastern League report :wink:

Im not sure what Sven-ness lessons we learned this week. Apart from keep going whatever happens. Unless its the penultimate lap when you suffer your 3rd or 4th major setback and its a long walk to the pits.

I wonder if he had a 3rd bike waiting in the pits?

The women's race was enjoyable too.

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Stuart wrote:Ah, we had to pause it a few times. To make dinner. And then for me to file my Eastern League report :wink:

Im not sure what Sven-ness lessons we learned this week. Apart from keep going whatever happens. Unless its the penultimate lap when you suffer your 3rd or 4th major setback and its a long walk to the pits.

I wonder if he had a 3rd bike waiting in the pits?

The women's race was enjoyable too.
Hmmm. I think Svenness might need a different focus this week. Van Der Holeshot has to be the main topic, no? Unless it's Pauwels and his ability to drop a chain at will? Or Niels falling asleep onthe start line. Again. Unless it's cool (Svenness) ways to walk back to the pits? Yesterday he shouldered whereas when he pulled out of the MTB test event at Hadleigh two years ago he walked it (see below) :P

As for number of bikes, he must have three, right? I wonder if he'd let me have them when he switches to Trek in January?
svenness-test event.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LeonardDelicaet

Post by LeonardDelicaet » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Stuart wrote:Ah, we had to pause it a few times. To make dinner.
You had dinner after that feast? Respekt.

Simona and I got home at 7pm, watched an hour of TV then swiftly collapsed into sleep.
How slow comes the hour, its passing speed how great

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Hetti made soup and I got a fever. Thought I wasn't feeling too good after that feast yesterday.

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 pm

New Svenness - http://www.cxhairs.com/2013/10/24/svenness-2-4/

Haven't watched yet. Just chilling some Leffe first 8)

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Only had a Brooklyn Boston Lager but it didn't dampen the enjoyment of Van der Haar-ness.

I'm not entirely convinced that discs were so superior on that descent. Sven seems to have no problem on it and VdH looked a bit shaky on the last lap.

Mourey wasn't the only one employing the now frowned upon step-through. Marianne Vos did it every single lap.

These vids are so good.

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Stuart wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced that discs were so superior on that descent. Sven seems to have no problem on it and VdH looked a bit shaky on the last lap.
I've watched a couple of times and on the example they showed I'm not convinced he even used the brakes. Great ride though!

Sven used #svenness in a tweet today. The CX Hairs people melted :D

LeonardDelicaet

Post by LeonardDelicaet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:10 am

I can't believe VDH didn't rabbit off the front. Maybe the DS of Argos-Shim had a word about race tactics and blowing your load in the first 400 meters and acting a clown. Whoever spoke to him it really worked. Maybe he'll turn into a consistent top 5 performer now?

Step through scares me, I tried it once coming into some steps made of railway sleepers and I tasted tarred-wood.

The thing about that descent was there was 1 line and 1 line only and the guys who sussed it and ride it were fine. Others not so.

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am

LeonardDelicaet wrote: Step through scares me, I tried it once coming into some steps made of railway sleepers and I tasted tarred-wood.
Yep. Recipe for disaster with my skills. So when would a step through be beneficial? If you're dismounting near a right hander? I dunno. A BC coach had Molly practising step-throughs a few weeks ago and she seems to have just about nailed it (still working on the remount, mind). I think I'll stick with the other way for the time being unless Bruce tells me off.

On a slightly related note, has anyone seen Damian "carry" his bike? One handed looking as if he's going to throw it like a javelin. There's a short video on the EL Facebook page where it features. Love it :P

LeonardDelicaet

Post by LeonardDelicaet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Steve, I work at firewall central and can't see anything social networky - FB, Twitter, you tube, hotmail/gmail/yahoo, etc. Can u please paste in Sven's tweet where he references cross hairs?

StevenDrew

Post by StevenDrew » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:30 pm

LeonardDelicaet wrote:Steve, I work at firewall central and can't see anything social networky - FB, Twitter, you tube, hotmail/gmail/yahoo, etc. Can u please paste in Sven's tweet where he references cross hairs?
They've posted it up on the CX Hairs website...

http://www.cxhairs.com/2013/10/24/svenness-on-svenness/