SDW in two days w/e July 11/12 - spare bunk available

A place to discuss all things CX
DieterStein
Directeur Sportif
Mobile phone: 07397507582
summary email: yes

SDW in two days w/e July 11/12 - spare bunk available

Post by DieterStein » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Leaving Saturday morning for Winchester returning Sunday night from Eastbourne. Trains about £50 round trip. Easy pace, beer, fish&chips etc.

B&B Saturday night already booked and a spare berth in a double room available. Here apparently: http://www.cherrytreecottage.org.uk/Che ... ntact.html Can't remember how much but sort of what you'd expect B&B rates wise.

Me and my mates Paul and Nick (using Neal's and Richard C's MTBs hopefully). Fourth mate dropped out hence space available.

For context, these are my charity mates, and we probably haven't done (on an MTB) more than 100 miles between us since the age of 10. We have no garmin but a 1:800,000 map of Britain's motorways. Shambles guaranteed.

Interested?

DieterStein
Directeur Sportif

Re: SDW in two days w/e July 11/12 - spare bunk available

Post by DieterStein » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:18 pm

DieterStein wrote:Leaving Saturday morning for Winchester returning Sunday night from Eastbourne. Trains about £50 round trip. Easy pace, beer, fish&chips etc.

B&B Saturday night already booked and a spare berth in a double room available. Here apparently: http://www.cherrytreecottage.org.uk/Che ... ntact.html Can't remember how much but sort of what you'd expect B&B rates wise.

Me and my mates Paul and Nick (using Neal's and Richard C's MTBs hopefully). Fourth mate dropped out hence space available.

For context, these are my charity mates, and we probably haven't done (on an MTB) more than 100 miles between us since the age of 10. We have no garmin but a 1:800,000 map of Britain's motorways. Shambles guaranteed.

Interested?
Going ... going ...

DieterStein
Directeur Sportif

Re: SDW in two days w/e July 11/12 - spare bunk available

Post by DieterStein » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 am

Shit that was hard. Good fun but bloody hard work. Up and down up and down UP! and down, repeat. All the while whupping your arms, shoulders and arse. On something with the rolling resistance of a brick and the weight of a fridge. No more than 5-6 mph average towards the latter part of day 2. Respect for those of you who ride MTBs for fun. I can absolutely not imagine how anybody could do SDW in just one day. Will I ever do something like this again? Unlikely. Does it feal great having done it? YESSS!