Call for volunteers - CX 10th September - Hog Hill

A place to discuss all things CX
StevenDrew
Mobile phone: 07809296084
summary email: no

Re: Call for volunteers - CX 10th September - Hog Hill

Post by StevenDrew » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:42 pm

What Chris said. I thought it went really well. I was a bit worried when I heard the screaming from the crash but it was just the mother of the woman involved reacting to the sight of her offspring being clobbered by Daniel Doncaster, complete with beard to rival Dieter.

I quite enjoyed my first effort at being a Comm. I learnt a few things and don't think I did anything too rubbish. Don't think my bell ringing would win any awards but it really was a sh1t bell! Oh and apologies for moving a bit of the course but I was being "watched" ;-)

Thanks to everyone for helping out. And well done to Chris for brilliantly pulling the whole thing together.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm increasing convinced that Daniel D actually *is* Brian Blessed.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:29 pm

OK, just had an email from Brian Blessed himself... Stuart, the guy with the concussion has been to Addenbrookes hospital and been checked out. He's fine, though will no doubt be a bit sore for a few days. Good news. This afternoon he didn't really know where he was. Rosie (our first aider) said she figured he'd be ok when after about an hour it occurred to him that he'd be a DNF and he wasn't happy about it.

StevenDrew
Mobile phone: 07809296084

Post by StevenDrew » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Chris Clague wrote:OK, just had an email from Brian Blessed himself... Stuart, the guy with the concussion has been to Addenbrookes hospital and been checked out. He's fine, though will no doubt be a bit sore for a few days. Good news. This afternoon he didn't really know where he was. Rosie (our first aider) said she figured he'd be ok when after about an hour it occurred to him that he'd be a DNF and he wasn't happy about it.

:lol:

Steve Hanks
Mobile phone: 07421002430
summary email: yes

Post by Steve Hanks » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:39 pm

A radio message would have been useful. Me and Mr Wixon were rather surprised when intercepting the blue lights at the gate and receiving the explanatory "I'm here to pick up the bloke that's had an accident on a unicycle".

What tyres for Unicyclocross?

Quote of the day from the U12 Sky bodyguard "Is there a bike race on here?" Erm...

Faux pas of the day goes to the dad that entered his kid in the wrong category, denying him rightful category 3rd place on the podium as would have been. I mean, what kind of idiot would do that!

Brilliant day though, we received lots of thanks from riders exiting the Centre, which should be shared with Chris and all involved.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 pm

Steve Hanks wrote:A radio message would have been useful. Me and Mr Wixon were rather surprised when intercepting the blue lights at the gate and receiving the explanatory "I'm here to pick up the bloke that's had an accident on a unicycle".
Yep, absolutely fair point. It all got a bit lost in the fog of war - in altitude order, myself, Dieter and Dan were way too busy trying to avoid a 4th body on the pile down the hill, then Dan accompanied the injured, Dieter swept up the mess and I headed back to the finish of the race. There was a fair amount of radio chatter at the time, but it being down the hill it probably didn't reach you. I was probably the one person who had an overview of it when they came back up (went to the cafe where Rosie said they'd called an ambulance but they were very busy so would be a while) - should have relayed at that point. A lesson learnt. Hopefully we don't need it again!

Steve Hanks
Mobile phone: 07421002430

Post by Steve Hanks » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:57 am

Apologies Chris that wasn't a criticism, just a small smile over why an ambulance looking for a Unicycle suddenly appeared.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 am

No, I realise it wasn't a criticism, but something we can learn from.

Enjoy the blue egg. Though I'm not sure you should eat a blue egg.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:01 am

Anyone who marshalled know anything about this?

Hi, firstly well done for putting on a great event Sat at Redbridge, it was my first cyclo-cross and enjoyed it! Whilst I was there I needed to store my storage jar with my rain jacket in it, a Marshall with a blue ribble let me put it in his bottle cage,which I forgot to pick up after, so was wondering if he was a club member and whether you could ask, sorry to bother,
Thanks David

DanielMcqueen
Mobile phone: 07879 400 303

Post by DanielMcqueen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:31 am

That will be Liam Bremner?