Volunteers REQUIRED: London League CX September 16

A place to discuss all things CX
LeonardDelicaet
summary email: yes

Re: Volunteers REQUIRED: London League CX September 16

Post by LeonardDelicaet » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

More of the same compliments from several other quarters. Alex Amey said his lot loved it and hopes it is a permanent fixture in years to come. The best thing about the venue for a predominantly north London club is it's super easy to get to for everyone. Great to see some faces I've not seen in ages (Andrew!) and meet some new guys (Asif).

In typical consulting practice I've done a post-morten/wash-up/Root cause on the original bad puns:

- I can imagine the barriers you had to overcome were a lot higher than 40 cms

Almost everyone had to dismount for the barriers save for Briggs - I wonder if this is what led to his puncture? People said that the fact they were made out of sturdy scaffolding boards make them think twice.

- I suppose it was tough to get traction at times

The course was defo a hard one, some rain would maybe soften it up? Max said that there was very little actual dirt on top of the gravel, makes sense as we were riding on the foundations of an old building. Many more punctures in the Seniors who decided to really reduce PSI. Jon Dennis said he was down into the high 20s. But he's probably 62 kgs.

- LP is under pressure to make it a success

Knocked it out of the park, home run!
How slow comes the hour, its passing speed how great

Chris Clague
summary email: no

Volunteers REQUIRED: London League CX September 16

Post by Chris Clague » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:29 am

Jon Dennis has a rep for figuring out when NOT to drop tyre pressure.

(For the non CX amongst us, high 20s is like running 130+ on the road)

MaxReuter
CX Secretary
summary email: no

Post by MaxReuter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Sorry everyone, hadn't checked in here since last week.

Many, many thanks to all of you who helped on Sunday. Thanks to you and the other volunteers everything went really smoothly, which was a big relief for Caroline and myself.

The feedback from the racers has been very positive, which was another relief. What's also very good is that the council and park management remain very supportive, and are 'looking forward to 2019 application'. So yes, this will be a regular fixture.

Cheers again and see you all soon,

Max

TamalaMcgee
summary email: yes

Post by TamalaMcgee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 pm

I thought you guys pulled off an amazing event last year but somehow this was even better, really really well done and Caroline deserves the hugest congratulations for coordinating every single minute detail to make it the flawless great success that it was.