MTB races, enduros and other organised events
JackCurzon
MTB Secretary
Mobile phone: 07811409238
summary email: yes

Beastway Finale Volunteers - 27th June

Post by JackCurzon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:51 am

Dear fellow LPers

The Beastway team have been in touch to ask if we can help with the series finale on Wednesday 27th June.

Volunteers are required to take down the course whilst the Beastway team handle the prize ceremony (there’s usually a lot of prizes to give out). Anyone helping has the option of a free race beforehand (*see below*) or a beer afterwards...or both!

Bearing in mind many hands make light work 6-8 people would be ideal. I’ll be in attendance in a clearing up capacity (which is ironic as I haven’t been able to race a single round this year. #gutted #frustratedracer)

The last race of the series is usually a shorter affair so should be over before 20:20 and rolling up tape is a pretty painless job. Help much appreciated so please do if you can. It can be a nice ride out to Redbridge via Epping.

*If you PM Bruce with your name, club, DOB, Gender, Category (only if you're expert/elite) and emergency contact details. Also BC licence number if you want the race to track back to your membership. Race license is not necessary.

List:
Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Great minds think alike, idiots seldom differ"
Mobs: 07811 409238

Steve Hanks
Mobile phone: 07421002430

Re: Beastway Finale Volunteers - 27th June

Post by Steve Hanks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am

Subject to work i intended to race the next two anyway and am usually there early with jnr, so I’m happy to help course removal, and kids marshalling. I can’t be there before 6pm though.

List:
Jack
Steve H

AndyKeene
summary email: no

Post by AndyKeene » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:45 am

This is the same night as the club track session at LVV. Just saying....

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Will Steve be waving the flag again?

Series seems to have gone very quickly this year, then we’re rolling immediately into running the summer CX series too, and on to Tour of the Cornfields.

Would be great to see a few on the night.

Steve Hanks

Post by Steve Hanks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:58 pm

I’m hoping to be in the other side of it Chris, at a rapid rate of training knots. Tired though, I’ve been hammering away in prep for MSG on the 1st July.

I have Monday to rest in prep for Beastway :)

JackCurzon
MTB Secretary

Post by JackCurzon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 am

AndyKeene wrote:This is the same night as the club track session at LVV. Just saying....
We can only do what we can do. I only found out on Friday so it’s just one of those things. I’m hoping some prefer dirt tracks to wood banking! :wink:

BruceMackie
Mobile phone: 07831230090

Post by BruceMackie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 am

Steve, don't forget to send either Chris or I your details and one of us will add you to the 'paid to race' sign on sheet. Same goes for anyone else who fancies a go, you can even hire an MTB from the cycle centre which some of the riders do, though it has to be said the centre bikes add an interesting extra challenge to the event! We're also happy for you to race yourself and bring along a volunteer to pull down the course, for those of you with really long suffering partners...

Steve Hanks

Post by Steve Hanks » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:26 am

I wont be racing next week. However as long as I can get back from Basingstoke on time I should be available to help out from 6am onward in whatever capacity.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 am

6am? Wow. Your dedication is appreciated!

Steve Hanks

Post by Steve Hanks » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Ha. Bloody auto correct...

Chris, rather than sour the FB page I'm going to put this here and ask you to have a chat with Michael / Jarvis if I may.

Next week needs a reminder of good behaviour. There was some shitty overtaking with no communication on laps 1&2, behaviour quite surprising from some regular riders. Lets just say 3 bikes into a 2ft entry to single track does not go, and forcing the rider in front to bail into a stinging nettle patch is not on. Graham Pentney set the example of shouting "GV leader coming through, on the left on the right" which was then ignored by following riders on the course to gain places. Theres a big difference between "rubbing" and forcing people of the track - not just off line - off the track, and people need reminding that none of us have eyes in the back of our heads nor are easily positioned to avoid accidents when in the red approached by an unseen rider with physical intentions. This is MTB, not WWE.

Also if your bike falls apart, don't sit in the middle of the racing line fixing the thing.

Would be great to have Comm remind of the manners expected next week.

Not a complaint just an advisory ask please.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 am

Have passed this on - Michael has raised it on the FB page if you’d like to add any comment.

Thanks.

JackCurzon
MTB Secretary

Beastway Finale Volunteers - 27th June

Post by JackCurzon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:06 pm

Just a nudge to all LPers that currently only Stan and Myself are signed up to help at Beastway on Wednesday evening. Anyone else who fancies a ride over to Redbridge to help and even better a free race, please add your name to the list; it’ll be much appreciated.

Chris Clague

Post by Chris Clague » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Big thanks to Jack, Steve and Ben for helping out this evening.

Fantastic season finale in glorious sunshine followed by cold beer and food. What more could you ask for?

Now we roll on to the Summer CX series starting next week - would be great if anyone wanted to come along and fly the club colours down at Leyton park. Not an LP event so no three-line whip to help out, just come and enjoy yourselves.